The Training and Readiness Assessment - Operations Analyst will provide cost-benefit-analysis and advice on the degree to which NORAD-USNORTHCOM’s assigned forces are prepared to conduct Joint Task Force Headquarters (JTFHQ) and Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) operations.
▪ Provide training assessments focused on standards, effectiveness, efficiency, and resourcing of training programs.
▪ Support all Joint Exercise Life Cycle events, including pre/post conference brief and message preparation for approval, coordination with DOD and Interagency entities, scripting of Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) products, and action
officer representation for exercise execution.
▪ Provide recommendations to improve the interoperability, interdependence, and integration of NORAD-USNORTHCOM’s capabilities.
▪ Provide direct support to the modeling and simulation programs by developing required input data for planners and gamers supporting live, virtual and constructive (LVC) simulation environments at the strategic and operational level.
▪ Minimum 15 years’ experience in relevant area (joint training management, training program development, training assessments, joint and combined operations, first responder operations, etc.)
▪ Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a staff officer within HQ NORAD-USNORTHCOM, a Service headquarters, or a combatant command headquarters
▪ Experience in the design of exercises, scenarios, and the management of Joint Master Scenario Event List (JMSEL) events.
▪ Knowledge of the joint training system, DoD modeling and simulation utilization and development, joint requirements and capabilities development process, and the NORAD-USNORTHCOM requirements
▪ Knowledge of principles, concepts, and techniques of unified command organization, operations, missions, plans, policies and procedures
▪ Demonstrated ability to professionally interface, produce documentation for, provide presentations and speak with authority to senior leadership in state and county governments, federal and state law enforcement agencies, and other federal government personnel and organizations
▪ Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate with trainers and exercise participants at all levels to effectively support after action reviews (AAR) and lessons learned development.
▪ Bachelor’s degree required
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Excel and Access
▪ Expert written and oral communication skills
▪ Top Secret security clearance