The CIO/G-6 requires an Executive Assistant/Management Analyst (EAMA) to support the Acting DCIO and future MILDEP to manage day to day activities in a high OPTEMPO environment.
The EAMA will report directly to a General Officer (GO) and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external interactions on all matters pertaining to administrative functions. The EAMA also serves as a liaison between the GO, Directors, and internal and external key leaders; organizes and coordinates executive outreach to sync efforts with Army Commands; and oversees special projects as needed. The EAMA will be expected to exercise informed judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, and display the ability to prioritize multiple important task simultaneously. The EAMA will be expected to work independently on assignments and projects, from conception to completion, and work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of task and confidential matters with discretion.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the GO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes complex and/or confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas within budget; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plan, coordinate and ensure the GO's schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the GO's time and office.
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the GO, with Directors, Supervisors, Senior Leadership, and others, on matters related to GO's initiatives.
• Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the GO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the GO and internal directorates by working closely with key personnel to maintain credibility, trust and support with Senior Leadership.
• Work closely and effectively with the GO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the GO updated.
• Build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the GO, some of which may have an organizational impact.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, emails and other tasks that facilitate the GO's ability to effectively lead the workforce.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Knowledge and ability to prepare critical information papers, documentation, and responses for GO/SES levels. Skilled in conducting verbal and written communications within and between CIO/G-6 Directorates, other DoD, Service or HQDA agencies. Apt verbal and written communication skills coupled with mature judgment in order to recognize, evaluate, and analyze customer support problems and implement solutions or provide suitable alternatives. Comprehensive skills required to compose correspondence and reports for General Officer/Senior Executive Service Authority of CIO/G-6. Outstanding oral communication skills are required to deliver clear and concise senior level oral reports and presentations. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of higher headquarters experience supporting General Officers and Senior Executives.
ITility is committed to providing a work environment that is non-discriminatory, harassment free, fair, ethical and inclusive.
ITility is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, and complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace. ITility strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination. This policy covers conduct occurring at ITility’s offices, client sites, other locations where ITility is providing services, and to all work-related activities.