The Technician shall administer and maintain the digital forensic lab’s in-house computer networks and information technology hardware. Additionally, the Technician shall create forensic images of digital media submitted to the lab for analysis and do so in a manner that maintains the evidentiary chain of custody. The Technician shall document and safeguard incoming and outgoing evidence items in accordance with DOS and Department of Justice guideline to ensure its admissibility in court.
• Provide routine lab support to analyst and investigators
• Perform duties in a scientific environment with exacting standards
• Complete initial processing of electronic evidence
• Apply criminal rules of evidence preservation and custodianship
• Perform administrative and evidence custodial duties
• Testify in judicial proceedings
• Fulfill one or more specialty assignment (e.g. network engineer, system administration, evidence technician, or administrative support.)
• Perform analytical support (hardware, forensic software, operating system, other)
• Support workstations and forensic tool hardware/software
• Maintain/oversee computer network servers and infrastructure
• Perform general administrative functions
• US Citizenship
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in related computer field (relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
• Minimum of two (2) years professional experience in a related field
• Minimum of one (1) forensic, computer, network or evidence/property management certifications
ITility is committed to providing a work environment that is non-discriminatory, harassment free, fair, ethical and inclusive.
ITility is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, and complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace. ITility strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including without limitation, recruiting, hiring, assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination. This policy covers conduct occurring at ITility’s offices, client sites, other locations where ITility is providing services, and to all work-related activities.