Subject Matter Expert (SME) III
• Serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as business, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the various sciences.
• Provides technical knowledge and analyses of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analyses, design, integration, documentation and implementation.
• Advises the Government on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
• Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures, including present operating procedures.
• Analyzes data, develops information, and assesses available solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
• Consults with clients and trains users to ensure smooth implementation and functional performance of new systems, procedures, or organizations.
• Develops and implements operational tests and assessments.
• Develops and maintains functional and operating documentation.
• Plans study of work problems and procedures (i.e., organizational change, communications, information flow, decision-making processes, control processes, operational effectiveness, and cost analyses).
• Organizes and documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
• Oversees and manages projects and programs.
• Provides specialized knowledge in specific functional or operational domains, or in analyses methods or disciplines.
• Coordinates with clients and trains users to ensure smooth implementation and functional performance of new systems, procedures, or organizations.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in requested academic field of study.
As Required: Professional Licensing or Certification in Area of Expertise or specific job requirements. These include industry and/or federal designations. Certifications or Licenses may be IT- or Quality Assurance-related, i.e., PMP/PMI, IEEE, DAWIA, ISO, ITIL, CISSP, CSDP, etc.
Experience: Sixteen (16)+ Years in DoD or other federal agency(ies) providing experience in IT; CIO; or CTO support.